Old Faithful Christian Ranch Inc. is a non-denominational Christian camp started the summer of 1997 in Island Park, Idaho, near Yellowstone National Park, by a group of Christian churches in Southern Idaho and Wyoming. A small group of believers started praying for this camp ministry all the way back in 1988. Our Lord Jesus Christ was gracious when the summer of 1997 the first summer camp was held, with 112 campers attending Old Faithful Christian Ranch. God has been blessing this ministry ever since.
The camp is associated with In Faith www.inFaith.org, formerly known as American Missionary Fellowship, a ministry dedicated to rural church and camp ministry.
The mission of O.F.C.R. is to spread the 'Good News' (see John 3:16) of Jesus Christ to everyone who comes to the camp, whether they are campers, staff members, or guests. Our goal is to minister for Christ to individuals and groups that choose to spend time at O.F.C.R. Through studying God's Word (the Bible), good wholesome fun, and/or renewing spiritual times, we will strive to make every visit a memorable and uplifting experience.
Camp Goals & Guidelines
- To present the ‘Good News’ of Jesus Christ
- To present the truth of the Bible, ‘God’s Word’
- To encourage friendship and sharing with others in an atmosphere of love and acceptance
- To explore the world of God’s creation.
- To enjoy recreation and wholesome fun in a Christian atmosphere
- To supplement, not replace, the ministry of the local churches
Campers are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous manner that will bring honor to God.
- We believe the Bible to be the only, verbally inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God, which is the only standard in matters of faith and practice.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit, equal in substance, power and glory.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His Sinless life, in His Miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed Blood, in His Bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the sovereign bestowing of spiritual gifts by the Holy Spirit “WHO DISTRIBUTES SEPARATELY TO EACH ONE AS HE DETERMINES.”
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ as defined by the following verses: Eph. 4:4-6 “there is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.”